About Research & Development Cell
The Research and Development Cell has been established to promote and monitor research activities at Government College of Engineering, Amravati. The Cell objective is to monitor and administer Research programs for Faculty, Students & Industries to undertake quality research, product commercialisation and other research related activities. The Research & Development Cell, supported by department Heads and department coordinators takes immense efforts to expose the students to recent developments in the technology through innovative project works and paper presentations.
Research Committee appointed for the Academic Year 2018-19
|Sr. No.||Name of Member||Designation|
|1||Prof. Dr. S. K. Hirde||Dean, R&D & Chairperson|
|2||Prof. Dr. M. L. Gulhane (Civil)||Member|
|3||Prof. Dr. A. G. Matani (Mechanical)||Member|
|4||Prof. Dr. V. N. Ghate (Electrical)||Member|
|5||Prof. A. M. Shah (EnTC)||Member|
|6||Prof. K. A. Waghmare (Computer)||Member|
|7||Prof. D. R. Uike (IT)||Member|
|8||Prof. S. P. Bijwe (Instru)||Member|
|9||Prof. V. V. Ardhapurkar (Chem.)||Member|
|10||Prof. Dr. D. A. Zatale (Physics)||Member|
|11||Prof. S. S. Mathurkar (Maths)||Member|
The objectives of Research and Development:
- To create and maintain research conducive environment and infrastructure
- Promote research that is relevant to the region and the nation
- Develop and support existing and emerging research strengths
- Assisting various Departments in creating centre of excellence
- Make efforts to establish research partnerships with Government, Industry and other Universities
- Organize various events like national and international conferences, workshops on research methodology and patents, symposia, guest lectures in order to enhance the research awareness.
- Encourage faculty member for research proposal writing and to participate in R&D activities.
- To enhance quality of UG and PG project